Why Detox Pads Should Be a Staple in Everyone’s Skincare Routine
If you desire bright, glowing, and vibrant skin, consider using facial detox pads as part of your skincare routine. Detox pads contain a synergy of ingredients offering many functions with a single product that provides multiple benefits to your skin. As a bonus, they are easy to use and effective for various skin types and concerns.
Today’s article will dive into detox pads’ benefits, from cleansing to exfoliation, and help you build a personalized skincare routine. Keep reading to learn more about:
- The four precepts of building your perfect skincare routine
- How to address skin concerns with targeted skincare ingredients
- Top benefits of using facial detox pads
- Nassif’s multi-tasking skin treatment: NassifMD® Facial Detox Pads
Let’s jump into this exciting topic!
Building Your Perfect Skincare Routine
Most skin experts will talk about cleansing, toning, and moisturizing as the fundamental steps to skincare. Dr. Nassif takes this idea further with his four precepts of skincare:
Note that a single skincare product can address several precepts simultaneously, allowing you to simplify your routine and save money. Let’s look at each one individually.
The skin is living tissue that is continuously regenerating. New skin cells form, and old skin cells slough off. When dead skin cells build up on the skin’s surface, it causes the skin to appear dull and dry, with more pronounced wrinkles. Dead skin cells can clog pores contributing to acne and making it harder for the skin to receive nourishment and hydration.
Exfoliating the skin, physically or chemically, removes dead skin cells, improving the appearance and function of the skin.
Our nutrition and internal health play a prominent role in directing nutrients and hydration to the skin. However, we can also nourish the skin topically by applying targeted nutrients and compounds to nourish, heal, and repair the skin. Examples of nourishing ingredients include vitamin C, retinol, and hyaluronic acid.
Skin hydration is critical for healthy, glowing, younger-looking skin. The water content in skin plumps skin cells and improves how they function. Many skincare ingredients help hydrate the skin by pulling moisture in and locking moisture inside the skin barrier.
To learn more about skin hydration, read A Facial Plastic Surgeon Explains How to Hydrate Your Skin for a Youthful, Healthy Appearance. (add link)
While many of us immediately assume protect means sunscreen, the first layer of protection are antioxidants.
Your skin faces an onslaught of UV radiation and environmental pollution that causes free radical damage. Antioxidants play a leading role in protecting skin cells from damage that causes accelerated aging, fine lines and wrinkles, and uneven skin tone. Antioxidant ingredients in skincare include vitamin C, bakuchiol, Ectoin, and others.
Addressing Your Unique Skin Concerns
One trick for how to get a glowing complexion is by personalizing your skincare routine to fit your skin concerns. Use products that offer combine ingredients synergistically to offer multiple benefits with each step.
Your daily routine will vary based on your level of skin health, skin type (dry, oily, normal, or combination), and skin sensitivity. In general, all skin concerns should be treated gently and with care.
Benefits of Facial Detox Pads
Facial detox pads offer several benefits to exfoliate, nourish, hydrate, and protect. Many benefits attributed to this type of deep skin cleansing and gentle exfoliation have to do with the targeted ingredients in the detox pads.
Let’s look at some of the benefits and key ingredients.
Remove Makeup and Impurities
Detox pads remove what your cleanser leaves behind. No matter how good your cleanser may be, facial detox pads are a perfect next step in your skincare routine. Or, when you are in a hurry, you can replace your cleanser with detox pads. They are that good!
Think about using detox pads to help you detox from your day. They remove the impurities that your skin has accumulated during the day. At the same time, the cool, refreshing feeling helps you destress and mentally detoxify from your day.
Deep Skin Cleansing and Toning
Detox pads can double as your facial cleanser. Water is the main ingredient and allows you to not only wash away makeup but cleans pores to minimize their appearance. It’s such a nourishing way to deeply, yet gently, clean the skin without stripping the skin of protective oils.
Witch hazel is an ingredient that you’ll often see in skin facial pads and skin toners. It’s a gentle skin conditioner and astringent that softens, soothes, and tones the skin. Research shows that it helps decrease inflammation and is helpful in cases of atopic dermatitis and eczema.
Gentle Exfoliation and Evens Skin Texture
As discussed above, daily exfoliation removes dead skin cells to reveal a smoother skin texture. You can exfoliate by scrubbing with harsh abrasives or try a gentler approach by using small, effective amounts of naturally occurring hyrdoxy acids. These acids include salicylic acid, glycolic acid, and lactic acid.
Salicylic acid is a beta-hydroxy acid derived from the willow plant. In high concentrations, it treats a variety of skin conditions. In facial skin pads, it’s a gentle exfoliant that helps treat acne, reduce inflammation, and improve skin texture.
Glycolic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid, a natural acid found in fruit, that can be used for daily exfoliation to remove dead skin, unclog pores, and brighten skin. It helps inhibit unwanted bacteria associated with acne and even skin tone.
Lactic acid is another natural alpha hydroxy acid, naturally formed by beneficial bacteria (lactobacillus) in the fermentation process. Lactic acid exfoliates, hydrates, and boosts collagen production, improving fine lines and wrinkles. In addition, it inhibits melanin production to promote even skin texture and tone.
The benefits of daily exfoliation with these ingredients is powerful synergistic effect!
The hydroxy acid ingredients mentioned above not only exfoliate but also help to even skin tone and texture. Skin texture will become more even when pores are clean, making them appear smaller. In addition, preventing breakouts and promoting skin healing after breakouts promotes even skin texture and tone the skin.
Improve Appearance of Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Fine lines and wrinkles are a hallmark sign of skin aging and damage from free radicals. The key ingredients for preventing premature aging and promoting youthful skin are antioxidants. Vitamin C, Bakuchiol, and Ectoin are examples of skincare ingredients that offer protective benefits and other synergistic effects.
The skin contains high vitamin C concentrations that simulate collagen production and provide antioxidant protection. UV and free radical-damaged skin contain depleted levels of vitamin C.
As a topical application, vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals, which helps improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while firming and brightening the skin.
Bakuchiol is another natural antioxidant used topically to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Bakuchiol is a plant-derived extract that acts like a gentle retinol to protect against skin aging and regenerate skin cells. The protective benefits are powerful; one study suggests that bakuchiol suppresses skin cancer cells.
Lastly, the other effective ingredient offering protection from pollution and UV damage is Ectoin. Naturally produced by bacteria, this compound reduces inflammation, promotes hydration, and helps stabilize cell membranes for a healthy skin barrier. These powerful actions are another way skin pads help improve the appearance of the skin.
How to Get a Glowing Complexion with NassifMD® Facial Detox Pads
NassifMD® Facial Detox Pads are more than a daily face exfoliator; they offer a synergistic formula of proven skincare ingredients. You can truly multi-task with this formula as you cleanse and exfoliate with ingredients that nourish, hydrate, and protect. Each pad contains:
- Witch hazel
- Salicylic acid
- Glycolic acid
- Lactic acid
- Elasta-derm C
Scientifically formulated by a leading facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon with an intimate understanding of how the skin works, you’ll also discover NassifMD® Facial Detox Pads are an at-home spa treatment. The thin, soft pads, leave your skin feeling smooth, refreshed, and comforted.
No matter your skin type or skin concerns, you can easily incorporate NassifMD® Facial Detox Pads into your personalized skincare routine. We suggest wiping your face with a new pad twice daily, in the morning and evening, and then following your usual skincare routine.
If you have sensitive or dry skin, start using the detox pads for a gentle exfoliating treatment two or three times per week and then slowly work up to daily use.
Give your skin a little time to receive nourishment from the gentle ingredients and notice your skin transform, revealing the brightness and glow you desire.
- Piazza, S., Martinelli, G., Magnavacca, A., Fumagalli, M., Pozzoli, C., Terno, M., Canilli, L., Angarano, M., Maranta, N., Dell'Agli, M., & Sangiovanni, E. (2022). Unveiling the Ability of Witch Hazel (Hamamelis virginiana) Bark Extract to Impair Keratinocyte Inflammatory Cascade Typical of Atopic Eczema.International journal of molecular sciences, 23(16), 9279.
- Liu, H., Yu, H., Xia, J., Liu, L., Liu, G. J., Sang, H., & Peinemann, F. (2020). Topical azelaic acid, salicylic acid, nicotinamide, sulphur, zinc and fruit acid (alpha-hydroxy acid) for acne.The Cochrane database of systematic reviews, 5(5), CD011368.
- Valle-González, E. R., Jackman, J. A., Yoon, B. K., Mokrzecka, N., & Cho, N. J. (2020). pH-Dependent Antibacterial Activity of Glycolic Acid: Implications for Anti-Acne Formulations.Scientific reports, 10(1), 7491.
- Bhardwaj, V., Sharma, K., Maksimovic, S., Fan, A., Adams-Woodford, A., & Mao, J. (2021). Professional-Grade TCA-Lactic Acid Chemical Peel: Elucidating Mode of Action to Treat Photoaging and Hyperpigmentation.Frontiers in medicine, 8, 617068.
- Pullar, J. M., Carr, A. C., & Vissers, M. C. M. (2017). The Roles of Vitamin C in Skin Health.Nutrients, 9(8), 866.
- Bluemke, A., Ring, A. P., Immeyer, J., Hoff, A., Eisenberg, T., Gerwat, W., Meyer, F., Breitkreutz, S., Klinger, L. M., Brandner, J. M., Sandig, G., Seifert, M., Segger, D., Rippke, F., & Schweiger, D. (2022). Multidirectional activity of bakuchiol against cellular mechanisms of facial ageing - Experimental evidence for a holistic treatment approach.International journal of cosmetic science, 44(3), 377–393.
- Kim, J. E., Kim, J. H., Lee, Y., Yang, H., Heo, Y. S., Bode, A. M., Lee, K. W., & Dong, Z. (2016). Bakuchiol suppresses proliferation of skin cancer cells by directly targeting Hck, Blk, and p38 MAP kinase.Oncotarget, 7(12), 14616–14627.
- Rieckmann, T., Gatzemeier, F., Christiansen, S., Rothkamm, K., & Münscher, A. (2019). The inflammation-reducing compatible solute ectoine does not impair the cytotoxic effect of ionizing radiation on head and neck cancer cells.Scientific reports, 9(1), 6594.
- Liu, M., Liu, H., Shi, M., Jiang, M., Li, L., & Zheng, Y. (2021). Microbial production of ectoine and hydroxyectoine as high-value chemicals.Microbial cell factories, 20(1), 76.